Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Artomatic Mania

Artomatic has been a wonderful opportunity for me to spread my wings once again showing my work. Opening night came and went in a flurry, but we have spent a lot of time there since then and fortunately had the chance to take a look around at some of the amazing work other artists were doing throughout the exhibition space. Here I am in my space enjoying the fact that a lot of people had taken the Trilogy Design Group cards I had out as well as a stack full of business cards. Let's see what comes of that!



Rob and I really enjoyed this artist's work who created canvases with actual knitted portions attached to the canvas. We both agreed that Catherine would be a BIG fan.....


Rob and Joe really enjoyed the interactive art installation up on the 8th floor of Artomatic where an artist created an environment in which the viewer could use either the heat from their hand or a heating pad, that was in supply, to make words appear on the canvas. It was a very interesting look at human emotions, as all of the words that appeared or disappeared referenced an emotion.


Here a group of our friends gathered outside to watch the firedancers at Artomatic perform. Once they got started, we were all enthralled!


It was wonderful to be able to share so much of this exhibit with my husband and of course it was thrilling to see him take pride in my work being shown for the first time as a Mandle! I was very impressed with the artistic photos Rob took of my work and hope you all enjoy these photos as well.


Thank you Rob for everything you did, encouraging me to take the space, painting walls, hanging my show, your lovely comment in my guest book, and last but not least your excitement, enthusiasm, and support for my work!



This is one of many shows to come and I hope to keep all of my work, exhibits, and progress on new projects documented through this site. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Yes, I WOULD have loved that knitting art! I also would have loved to have been there for the opening night to be a part of it with you all. So cool! Points to Rob for Awesome Husband Achievements! Painting walls for Wife's art space is grand...